Louisville is considered a city full of things to do. After going to the Kentucky Derby, you can try something rather different. Get off the roads and onto the Ohio River on board the Spirit of Jefferson riverboat which offers public cruise tours during the entire year from 12.00 to 14.00 and from 19.00 to 21.00, Mondays through Saturdays. The next steps will soon guide you on how to cruise on this river.
1. Make a decision about which type of this cruise you should take. Rates and times will vary quite a lot. Kids under three years old will always be free. A trip ticket will cost $14.99/adults, $14.99/seniors over sixty years old and $5.99/kids under twelve years old. Luncheon tickets will be $24.99/adults, $23.99/seniors and $14.99/kids under twelve years old. Dinner cruise tours will cost $34.99/adults, $33.99/seniors and $19.99/kids under twelve years old. The dance cruise is $17/person no matter the age and the dance cruise plus dinner will cost just the same as the dinner ticket rates.
2. You should make reservations for lunch or dinner cruise tours as they will be required. If you are planning a special occasion such as birthday or anniversary, you should get in touch with the company by phone at 1 866 832 0011. The sales team may be reached at 502 574 2992 for helping with special occasions info. The Spirit of Jefferson riverboat does accept MasterCard, Discover or Visa credit cards.
3. You can plan a special New Year`s Eve on board the Spirit of Jefferson. The annual New Year`s Eve Gala is a wonderful opportunity for all interested customers. This cruise will cost only $45.99/person, no matter the age and will include a dinner buffet. Dinner in the New Year and make a champagne toast at midnight on board this all inclusive cruise.
4. You can have your wedding ceremony on the water. The Spirit of Jefferson will be happy to host an on board wedding ceremony. This boat has heat and air conditioning, dance floor, full bar and on board sound system. Other types of services will also be available, which will include chocolate fountains, white horse drawn carriage or DJ service.
5. You can watch the Spirit of Jefferson in the Great Steamboat Race, which has always been held the Wednesday before the Kentucky Derby in May. This chase will begin twenty minutes before the Great Steamboat Race and is considered a full speed race between two boats. You can join the crowds and watch the event from the shore.